We have invested in a CBCT scanner so that we can complete all your treatment in-house and you don’t have to make a separate journey to London for a scan.
WHAT IS CBCT?
Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) is a special type of 3D x-ray equipment used to give more comprehensive information than is possible with regular 2D x-rays.
- The scan takes about ten seconds.
- It is a smaller, faster version of a CT scanner, but with a much lower dose of radiation.
- It produces 3D images of teeth, soft tissues, nerve pathways and bone.
- It allows assessment of the shape of bone well before treatment commences.
WHY DO I NEED A CBCT?
- A CBCT scan is extremely accurate and provides essential information in the case of patients being considered for dental implants, complex root-canal therapy and wisdom tooth removal.
- Allows for highly accurate planning of treatment which minimises risks, costs and recovery time.
- We can also take panoral radiographs and virtual bitewings for patients with a strong gag reflex.
We accept referrals for CBCT scans. Please contact the practice on 020 8658 1230 for a service agreement and referral forms.